Monday, May 20, 2013

African Mission


Hello,

I am Julie Hanson and related to the owner of this blogspot page.


I am writing to let my family and friends know I am heading back to Malawi for a two week soccer-mission trip at the end of June 2013. The first time I went to Malawi was back in 2008; I met the Suwedi family and a young girl named Ireen.



While there, I spent time with her family helping with chores such as fetching water, cleaning dishes, and baking a cake. I, also, was there to teach about AIDs; I saw firsthand how it impacted a family. Due to death, Ireen’s widow mother was raising her four children with the help of extended family and village friends. I learned about community and helping others. Their culture taught me that there is never a wrong time to dance, sing or find joy in life.



I ended up sponsoring Ireen which gives her the opportunity to go to school, get meals, and participate in medical treatment. I hope this gives that girl a chance for a better future and the skills to help her village and country.



I have found in travels that soccer is the international language, lucky for me. I am hoping soccer will allow me to connect with the children and give me the opportunity to share my faith and the gospel.



I would like to invite you to be a part of my support team through prayerfully and financially supporting this effort. I need to raise $3,000 to cover my trip expenses. There are two ways you can help me reach this financial goal. The first is by donating either online at:  My Index on COTN Site or by check made payable to Children of the Nations, with my personal fundraising code on the check memo line (234471). Checks should be sent to: COTN-Venture Program, PO Box 3970, Silverdale, WA 98383. All investments in this ministry are tax-deductible.



Someone will win a T-Shirt that has a picture of the continent on it as well as the following text.

“The Warm Heart of Africa”





To qualify to win send a donation today and comment on this blog.


You can, also, qualify to win two other ways. 
If you guest host my African trip on your blog
or you review a book inspired by my first trip entitled The Choice you could win the shirt.  Including a picture of the shirt, the full deatials  are @

Contest 1



Thanks for partnering with me on my return to Malawi!



James 1:27

New International Version (NIV)

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.



By the way, I am a college graduate and an environmental scientist. I currently work for a land trust that buys back and redevelops ruined natural lands in the USA. A life dream is to help with even more environmental issues including water plagues in Africa. Let see how this second mission goes before I grow into that next goal.



Do you think my story ends here?

Find out more about books I am a part of including - but not limited to- The Evans Terrace Girls and the S.H.E. Anthology.  From that anthology, most of the proceeds help children from the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre through mental health agencies (New Hope for Kids) that deal with PTSD.

Come on buy to learn more @ My mom's main book page  and Ebook DL page

No comments:

Post a Comment