Saturday, June 29, 2013

Julie in Remote Area of Africa



Julie is in a remote region of Africa where two villages are serviced by COTN. She has very little Internet access but wrote…


Hi, I have a quick minute of internet. Wanted to say Hi from Malawi:) Hope you and rest of family are doing well! I may try and get back online a little later in trip before i leave. Love you!


Love seeing my sponsor girl in Malawi again. She is 17! and so beautiful!


Last day of soccer with the Malawi girls. We had a soccer match between the two villages and it was intense!



More pictures from her last trip in 2008:

Cute!

Children helping the widows care for other younger children.

Hold me- Help me?


Village Women Graduate HIV/AIDS Prevention Course! 

The children of the villages.


GNAWING pangs of little food.


COTN members take excursion to buy chicken for dinner.

Some fun and Games!

Soccer!


At the end of a hard day- you gotta DANCE and SING!

If you can help me on my second mission trip, please, go to COTN and donate in my name. I will bring you back some more photos to reciprocate. In other words, I would like to invite you to be a part of my support team through prayerfully and financially supporting this effort. I need to raise $3,000 to cover my trip expenses. There are two ways you can help me reach this financial goal. The first is by donating either online at: Julie's Expenses or by check made payable to Children of the Nations, with my personal fundraising code on the check memo line (234471). Checks should be sent to: COTN-Venture Program, PO Box 3970, Silverdale, WA 98383. All investments in this ministry are tax-deductible.




Someone will win a T-Shirt that has a picture of the continent on it as well as the following text.

“The Warm Heart of Africa”

To qualify to win send a donation today and comment on this blog.

You can qualify to win other ways, too. If you guest host my African trip or your review a book inspired by my first trip entitled The Choice, you can qualify. Those detials are @ Try to WIN our CONTEST


Thanks for partnering with me on my return to Malawi!



James 1:27

New International Version (NIV)

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.



By the way, I am a college graduate and an environmental scientist. I currently work for a land trust that buys back and redevelops ruined natural lands in the USA. A life dream is to help with even more environmental issues including water plagues in Africa. Let see how this second mission goes before I grow into that next goal.



Do you think my story ends here?



Find out more about books I am a part of including - but not limited to- The Evans Terrace Girls and the S.H.E. Anthology. From that anthology, most of the proceeds help children from the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre through mental health agencies (New Hope for Kids) that deal with PTSD.



Come on buy to learn more @ Author Site and My mom’s eBook DownLoad page Inspired EBook list



No comments:

Post a Comment